British canoeing Paddlesport instructor
The British Canoeing Awarding Body Paddlesport Instructor is an entry level qualification.
The qualification will support the instructor with practical skills such as kitting up a group and getting afloat, initial familiarisation activities, games and activities to support learning and how to use mini journeys to support learning, inspire adventure and exploration. This will be enhanced with support on how these sessions can be delivered in a way that is enjoyable, safe and rewarding.
The Paddlesport Instructor qualification is designed for instructors running Paddlesport taster/starter sessions within the safety management systems of clubs, centres or other organisations in:
- Very Sheltered Water environments
- Craft deemed suitable for a first-time experience
The process of completing the qualification aims to help prepare candidates for their first Paddlesport instructing role; ‘primed and ready’.
- Practical skills, including games and activities to aid learning
- Engagement and relationship building skills
- Professional standards of a Paddlesport Instructor
- Personal and rescue skills
- British Canoeing Membership.
- Course registration completed.
- British Canoeing Awarding Body Foundation Safety and Rescue Training.
- Personal paddling and rescue competence.
- Duration: 2 days
- Cost: £200 plus certification fee
- Location: Explore Activity Centre, The Quays Lake, GU166DS
Further information can be found on the British Canoeing link here:View and print pre-course information